Fast Forward Programme Manager
Who we are: Fast Forward is a next-generation labour standards audit and improvement programme that works for all suppliers and service providers, in all sectors, at all stages of their social compliance journey.
Fast Forward was developed together with apparel retailers in 2014 to address concerns of exploitative practices in UK fast fashion being undetected by existing social compliance audits. Tested, developed and enhanced over the ensuing years, today, this collaborative programme is operated by an ever growing number of consumer goods brands and retailers and applies across their whole supply chain including manufacturing sites supplying goods for sale and not for resale, warehousing and service providers. More info at: www.fastforwarduk.org.
Fast Forward is an initiative of allianceHR, which operates a range of programmes all focussed on driving human rights improvements in supply chains including: Stronger Together, Responsible Recruitment Toolkit and Clearview.
The role: We are looking for an experienced Programme Manager to manage the Fast Forward collaborative industry programme in the UK and globally. The purpose of this new role is to provide day to day management, oversight, strategic input and help to grow the programme through UK and global opportunities. The role is varied with opportunity to support strategy development and plans, implement them and try out new ideas. You will work remotely, but in close cooperation with the Managing Director, Founder and rest of the team. We are a small team and expect a willingness to get hands on.
In this role you will engage and work with the existing Apparel and General Merchandise Brand Members, engage more businesses to become members of the AGM programme and explore opportunities to expand into new sectors in the UK, and to roll out the Fast Forward methodology to other relevant countries. You’ll deliver, enhance and promote training workshops and guidance resources for the programme, and you’ll manage the relationship with our technology platform provider. You’ll ensure the programme delivers on target, on-time, on-budget, in line with the agreements and organisational objectives and guidelines.
Who you are
- An experienced project manager with an in-depth understanding of apparel and/or general merchandise supply chains, and senior experience in business engagement/developing and managing senior management corporate relations
- A professional who has worked with businesses on ethical trading/supply chain working conditions/human rights, either working internally within a business or externally in partnership (e.g. not-for-profit organisation) or on a consultancy basis
- A great organiser, with the ability to set and meet demanding targets and deadlines, and to hold others accountable to those
- An excellent trainer, with experience of preparing and delivering training to businesses
- Someone with an interest in being involved in operations as well as strategic thinking
- An excellent communicator, with experience of developing and building new successful working relationships with a range of stakeholders, as well as confidence in representing the programme professionally at a variety of events
- A motivated and enthusiastic worker, able to work independently and with remote colleagues/stakeholders, delivering day-to-day workload with minimal supervision
- Someone with a good eye for detail, whilst retaining sight of the bigger picture.
Details: Closing date: 23:59 Monday 23rd March | Interviews: Thursday 2nd April | Starting date: ASAP | Contract: full-time or 0.8 FTE, permanent, UK based | Salary: £35,000 – 40,000 gross annually (or pro rata for 0.8 FTE): Download the Job description.
To apply: Please send us your CV and motivation letter (max. 2 pages of A4) outlining the skills and experience you have that meet the requirements of this role as outlined in the Job Description to email@example.com, please include ‘Application Fast Forward Programme Manager’ in the subject line.